I asked my Twitter PLN to answer a short survey on this topic. I sent the tweet out to my 4625 followers, and some of my followers re-tweeted the request to 4019 of their followers (who may or may not overlap with my followers.) I received 196 responses, many in the first few hours of posting the request on Twitter.
The yes/no questions were as follows:
- I am a K-16 educator or pre-service educator.
- I use Twitter to talk to friends and family
- I use Twitter to find business customers.
- I use Twitter to form a professional network
- I use Twitter to send out and share information.
- I use Twitter to receive information.
- I have more than one Twitter account so I can keep my personal and professional tweets separate.
7% of the respondents were not K-16 educators
93% of the respondents were K-16 educators
8% of the non-K16 educators had separate Twitter accounts for personal and professional use.
24% of the K16 educators had separate Twitter accounts for personal and professional use
The goals for the use of Twitter by the non-K16 educators are illustrated in the graph below.
The goals for the use of Twitter by the K-16 educators are illustrated in the graph below.
The graphs were created using the NCES Create-A- Graph site.
A big thank-you to all who responded!